St. John's is known for being a place where church and community meet. Serving God doesn't stop when Sunday services are over. We believe that mission is a part of each member's daily life and we work to help our congregation make the most of the spiritual gifts they have been given.
Here are just a few of the ways we're making an impact in Rock Hill and around the world:
- We founded and continue to support a dental mission in Nicaragua.
- We host a Central American crafts fair each year to support a missionary.
- We provide financial support numerous local nonprofits through special collections and our annual yard sale.
- Our monthly missions focus allows church members to provide needed items for local charities.
- Nonperishable foods are collected throughout the year.
- Seasonal collection drives are used to gather coats, blankets, and other needed items for the homeless and needy in our community.
- We support the CROP Hunger Walk by organizing a team and hosting a water station.
- We provide holiday cheer through our Angel Tree, Alternative Giving Christmas program, and Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
- Family Promise is hosted at the church four times a year, giving shelter to families without housing.
- We integrate mission work into our Vacation Bible School activities.
- We partner with Northside Elementary School, providing school supplies and tutors.
- Volunteers assisted with Project Connect, a resource fair for those in need.
- We sponsored fundraisers for Family Promise, the Children's Attention Home, A Place for Hope, the Palmetto School, and the Early Learning Partnership of York County.
- Church members serve at the Dorothy Day Soup Kitchen each month.
- Our Hunger Outreach Team prepares and delivers over 200 meals to the needy each month.
- Our annual Easter Meals program provides over 500 holiday dinners with the needy.
- We support various missions of the United Methodist Church through our tithes, offerings, and special collections.
How Can I Get Involved?
We want you to find the right way to serve both in the church and in the community. Our Spiritual Gifts Discovery Assessment will help you uncover your strengths so you can use them to serve God and other people.
Take the Spiritual Gifts assessment online.